- Remember you will spend hours sitting on this sofa so the most important point is that it’s comfortable.
- If you’re renting, and may therefore move more often, consider either two smaller sofas or one modular sofa, which can be easily adapted to suit any new home layout.
- Sofas that sit off the ground are less bulky – thin arms and skinny legs – will create the illusion that a room is larger.
- Consider the colour of the existing floor as well as your other living room furnishings as they will all be seen together.
- A neutral-coloured sofa with minimal or no pattern will go with most décor styles. It will also date well as your tastes and styling changes over time